Q'Straint introduced the world's first fully integrated 4-point wheelchair passenger securement system, the industry standard for more than 25 years. Each component is designed, engineered and tested to work as one cohesive system. In the event of a collision or sudden stop, the system isolates the forward forces of the occupant from those of their chair by directing the chair's forces to the vehicle floor. A complete 4-point system includes:
- 4 wheelchair restraints to secure wheelchair to the vehicle floor
- Occupant securements - lap and shoulder belt that integrate to the rear wheelchair restraints
- Floor anchorages - installed in the vehicle floor Installation and operator instructions
- Warranty registration card.
The QRT series of retractors are the easiest and fastest-securing 4-point systems available today. These systems allow drivers to secure a wheelchair in less than 15 seconds, while reducing the risk of driver injury and drastically reducing vehicle wait times for transportation operators.
QRT Max is the latest innovation in retractor systems.
The QRT MAX is the latest generation of self-locking, self-tensioning retractable wheelchair securement systems. This fully automatic retractor provides a variety of innovative features which maximize ease of use and ensure passenger safety.
Features and benefits:
- Knobless, One-Handed Operation - No knobs to interfere with wheels and footrests and eliminates confusion as to whether additional tightening is required
- Automatic, Self-Locking allows easy, one-handed hook-up of wheelchairs
- Self-Tensioning - No manual tensioning required. Retractors automatically take up ‘slack’ to ensure wheelchair passenger is always secured
- Positive Lock Indicator - Patented feature clearly indicates when fitting is locked in anchorage (L-track application only)
- Interchangeable - Eliminates confusion, no right, left, front or rear locations
- Low Profile & Compact - No mounting bracket allows retractors to fit under most footrests
- Accomodates Larger Wheelchairs - Reduced overall retractor length leaves more room for wheelchairs
- Universal Design - Accommodates virtually all wheelchair designs, including scooters
- Durable - Constructed from hardened steel and coated in zinc for maximum corrosion resistance
- J-Hook - Reduces twisting of belts and ensures proper securement with a quarter turn accomodating virtually all wheelchair designs
- Foot Release Lever - Easy release eliminates the need to bend down
Specifications and details:
- Compatible Anchorages - Slide 'N Click, L-Track and A-Track floor anchorages, or may be directly mounted to vehicle floors, seat legs or barriers
- Warranty - 3 years
- Testing - Crash tested to 30mph, 20 g’s
Meets or exceeds the following standards and regulations:
- SAE J2249
- ISO 10542
- FMVSS 209, 302, 210, 222
- CMVSS 209
- CSA Z605
- AS 2596
Back to The Mobility Times Blog