Better Life Mobility Centers of San Diego, California
8130 Parkway Dr.
La Mesa, Ca 91942
Phone: (619) 474-4072
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Weekend: By Appointment
We are off the 8 freeway at Fletcher Parkway. Take the second left at Marengo, make an immediate right on Parkway Drive. Better Life Mobility is next to Carl's Jr (and across the street from Costco).
Better Life Mobility Centers of San Diego, California offers great section of new wheelchair vans and pre-owned handicap minivans. Alongside accessible vehicles we offer other mobility vehicles and products like 3 and 4 wheel scooters and wheelchairs. Call our number or visit showroom today and check why we are the most reputable mobility dealer in San Diego, California.
Most Technologically-Advanced Wheelchair Van Conversions from VMI
Whether this is your first time purchasing a wheelchair van, or you're ready for a trade in, we can help you choose the right accessible vehicle for you. Our showroom features the most technologically-advanced wheelchair van conversions from VMI including:
- Honda Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, Dodge Grand Caravan, and Chrysler Town & Country wheelchair minivans. Search San Diego,CA Wheelchair Van Inventory
- All with the VMI Northstar package -- with the most advanced, fully automatic in-floor wheelchair ramp! (That's why we are the exclusive VMI new wheelchair conversion minivans distributor in San Diego -- because we LOVE this feature!)
You can drive a van in your own wheelchair or in the driver's seat.
- Removable front seats can be installed.
- Or you can modify the existing seat with a rotating device to rotate the seat completely to the side, allowing you to cross from the wheelchair to the driver’s seat.
- If you drive in your wheelchair, we have both an electric locking mechanism that can be attached to the floor, or you can use specialized hooks to keep your wheelchair stationary.
Consider whether you want a wheelchair van with rear entry or side entry. Rear entry vans are best when the individual in the wheelchair isn't the driver. They don't require additional side space to operate the lift. Side entry minivans are best when the individual in the wheelchair wishes to drive.
We Can Customize Your Wheelchair Van
Adding a wheelchair lift to your accessible vehicle will make entry and exit easier and safer. Choose a manual or automatic wheelchair lift. (Manual lifts are less expensive while electric lifts are easier to operate.)
We can install hand controls to allow you to drive without the use of foot pedals. The accelerator and brake -- even the clutch and secondary controls -- can all be controlled by hand. Ask us about our state-of-the-art hand controls from Guidosimplex.
- If you have hand injuries or problems manipulating objects with your hands, you may need hand controls that offer some support, to allow you to drive comfortably for a longer period of time.
Visit our San Diego Showroom for Mobility Products
- wheelchairs, including: power chairs, manual chairs, and folding chairs
- mobility scooters
- stair lifts
- accessible vehicles of every type, including handicap minivans, handicap full size vans, handicap trucks, and luxury handicap vehicles. We are an authorized dealer for MV-1, Toyota, Honda, Dodge, Chrysler, and other reputable handicapped vehicles.
NEW: Schedule handicap van service appointment in San Diego or rent handicap van in San Diego area ONLINE. All you need to do is to fill out simple forms - schedule a service form or rental form. We will do the rest!
How to reach us:
From El Cajon, La Mesa, Spring Valley, Point Loma: 8 freeway to Fletcher Parkway:
From National City, Chula Vista: 5 or 805 north, 15 north, then 8 east to Fletcher Parkway
From Del Mar, Solana Beach, Encinitas, La Jolla, Carlsbad, Oceanside: 5 to 805 south to 8 east to Fletcher Parkway
From Poway, Mira Mesa, Escondido: 15 south to 8 east to Fletcher Parkway:
From Bonsall, San Marcos, Vista, Fallbrook: take 76 or 78 east to 15 south, 8 east to Fletcher Parkway
--- From Fletcher Parkway, take the 2nd left at Marengo, immediate right on Parkway, and we're on the left.