Update from 01.02.2016. New MV1 Mobility Venture Van Special Offer! The MV-1 LX from 2014 priced at just $49,876 + fees.
The MV-1 has a large 56 x 36-inch (142 x 91 cm) side door, and a 1,200 pound (544 kg)-capacity deployable ramp that stows under the floor when not in use. It can accommodate two wheelchair-using passengers, or one wheelchair and five additional traditionally-seated occupants, if the optional jump seat is used. Floor tracks are used to secure wheelchairs and scooters. The non-handicapped driver sits behind the wheel in a regular-style seat - perhaps future versions could allow wheelchair users to also drive, using hand controls?
The vehicle is based around a body-on-frame configuration, and is powered by a Ford 4.6L 2V EFI V8 engine with an electronic four-speed automatic transmission. For the energy and/or environmentally-conscious, however, a factory-installed Compressed Natural Gas fuel system is also available. MV1 with the CNG system should have a driving range of approximately 290 miles (466.7 km).
MV1 Quick Video Review
Engine and Consumption
The MV1 proves you can be more mobile and more environmentally friendly. It is the only vehicle in its class with an available OEM engineered and assembled Compressed Natural Gas (CNG) fueling system option. Because it's factory-installed, the MV1 mobility vans with CNG option gives you the same durability, reliability and quality that everyone demands from gasoline-powered vehicles. And, since natural gas is primarily a domestic resource, the CNG MV-1, with an estimated 290-mile range, is good for the environment and good for America. Now everyone can breathe easier. CNG features:
- Unique CNG fueling system option designed and factory-installed, not an aftermarket conversion.
- Estimated 290-mile CNG range (which includes a 40-mile low level indicator).
- Three Type-3 CNG tanks integrated seamlessly into the vehicle design and factory-installed.
- Best-in-class luggage capacity (29.1 cubic feet).
- 21.1 Gasoline Gallon Equivalent (GGE).
For your protection, safety features are integrated throughout the MV-1. Starting with the anti-slip surface which covers the ramp and interior floor to give wheelchairs and scooters increased grip. While on the road, the MV-1 has Electronic Stability Control (ESC) to keep your ride steady. With passive and active safety features, it offers unprecedented peace of mind for mobility vehicle passengers and drivers. The MV-1 meets all applicable U.S. Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) and Canada Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (CMVSS).
More Figures & Numbers
MV-1 Warranty refers to:
- Bumper to Bumper - 3 years / 36,000 miles
- Power train - 5 years / 75,000 miles
- Ramp - 5 years / 75,000 miles
- Corrosion Protection - 5 years / 100,000 miles.
MV1 Van Base Model Standard Features
Power and Performance
- Ford 4.6L 2V EFI V8 Engine.
- Ford Electronic 4-Speed Automatic Transmission with Overdrive.
- Rear Wheel Drive with 3.45 Axle Ratios.
- 24-Gallon Gasoline Tank (est. 350-mile range).
- 17-Inch Steel Wheels with Center Wheel Cover.
Accessibility (meets ADA/CSA guidelines)
- Anti-Slip Floor Surface.
- Q-Straint® Wheelchair Restraint Track System.
- Manually Operated Ramp.
- Anti-Slip Ramp Surface.
- 4.1:1 Slope.
- Ramp Lighting.
- Multiple Grab Handles.
MV1 Van Cost
Van price depend on model. At this point cheapest is SE model, DX and LX models have higher prices but more additional equipment like navigation, alloy wheels and more.
If you are interested for MV1 mobility vans at reduced cost visit Better Life Mobility centers at San Diego, Los Angeles, Riverside or Las Vegas and schedule a test drive or rent vehicle for couple of days. Call (888) 540 8267 if you have any question about financing terms or need any other info.
Back to The Mobility Times Blog